I suppose there are many ways to define a friend. Here are my top 5 attributes to a true friend:
1) A true friend is understanding. True friends are not the ones who only appear when you are shining. True friends are the friends who help you through darkness, even when the darkness seems as though it will never fade. Of course, sometimes even true friends get to the point where they can no longer handle all of your dark vibes. Sometimes, even true friends need to take a break; but a true friend always comes back. A true friend is always thinking about you, and always willing to help you overcome your darkness. A true friend will always have faith in you when you are struggling with life. A true friend knows that every tunnel has two openings, and there is always at light at the end. A true friend is with you through it all.
2) A true friend is respectful. True friends accept you for who you are, and never make an effort to change your spirit. Of course not everybody will like you, but true friends are not only your friends because you wear the hottest styles. True friends are the ones who stick with you through the “Hmm it’s summertime, and really hot, but I’m going to wear my Uggs anyway” phase. True friends also respect your opinions, and beliefs. True friends do not trash the music you like, the food you eat, the religion you follow, or the clothes you wear. True friends love you for who you are.
3) A true friend is always there for you. Whether it be 3 in the morning, or 5 at night. True friends always have each other’s backs.
4) True friends share inside jokes. Laughter is the greatest way to relieve stress, and true friends share many laughs.
5) True friends spread love to each other and those surronding them through their actions, words, and general outlook on life! True friends let each other know that they are trustworthy, and will never release secrets. True friends help each other heal from difficult situations. Whether you are miles away, or oceans apart, true friends have a special connection that can never be torn away. True friends are connected by the heart.
I think I will write more tomorrow, I had an idea earlier, but then I got writer’s block!
Tumblr Challenge#30- LAST ONE!--One thing I'm excited for
I’m excited for October 23. That is when Train will be playing in Erie, PA. I don’t know if I will be able to go or not, but either way I’m excited! I’m excited because about 12 of my dear Trainiac friends are going to be in Erie! I am beyond excited for each and every one of them!
I would LOVE to meet them all, but if I can’t go, then OH WELL! I will still talk to them lots while they are there, and be super happy for all of them! <3333
I’m so happy that the guys all get to go home and spend time with their loved one’s, they all deserve it so much, on the other hand I’m so upset to see SMSF go. I cant wait to hear the new album though, I love ‘To be Loved’ and i CANNOT wait to hear ‘Brand New Book’.
It’s something I struggle with. This summer, I came to the realization that absolutely nothing can be accomplished when one surrounds themself with negavtive vibes. Getting upset, and being hateful, will only make you feel worse about yourself when you are having a bad day.
As much as I tell myself this, I still have a hard time overcoming bad situations with positivity. I have to say though, I have gotten a lot better at convincing myself that I need to look on the bright side. I was never a particularly negative person, but I used to have the typical teen attitude, of “the world is out to get me”.
I really can’t stand that. I see kids in school like that everyday, and I really don’t feel sorry for most of them. This life is what you choose it to be. You have the choice of whether or not to be a positive person, or negative. Of course, everyone has bad days. Everyone gets moody sometimes. Everyone has a right to feel downright TERRIBLE some days. But, it is the way you eliminate your negativity that really matters.
It is important to remember that in every dark tunnel, there are dim lanterns to guide you to the end, where the sunlight awaits you. Sometimes these ‘lanterns’, or small bursts of positivity are hard to see, and easy to miss if you are not keeping an open mind.
Through my experiences I have learned that every form darkness, has a candle hiding somewhere just waiting for you to light it.