My oh my. Where has the time gone?
2011 started out as a very rough year. I struggled, and would have sworn to you that it was the worst year of my life. I was rather naive. Things quickly changed.
2011 invited dozens of new friends into my life. I learned how to tell the difference between real friends, and people who just want to be friends in order to get things. I learned that it is ok to trust people. I learned that it ok to be open to people because it is not good to keep everything locked up inside. I formed habits, and broke them. I made mistakes, and I learned from them. But most importantly, I changed the way I view life. I changed the outlook I had on the Universe, and escaped the negativity that was clouding my vision. I found peace.
High points of 2011
- getting to know my weirdo friends
- surviving Freshmen year of high school
- Going to see American Idiot on Broadway
- Getting followed by Train and Hector on Twitter
- Being a Trainette for the first time in Bethlehem, PA 8/14
- Meeting Jill, Maryanne, Katherine, Maria, Elise, and Jill at the Today Show
- Meeting Pat, Jimmy, and Scott at the Today Show and giving them the Trainiac Today Show Project 8/26
- Meeting Moose at the Today Show
- Long days at the beach all summer long
- Getting a 112 on a math test
- reading the first and second Harry Potter books
- When I got to meet Farryn for the first time at my house
- Witnessing a meteor shower that changed my life
- Going to Erie to meet lots of my weirdo friends
- Kelly, Sheri, Beth, Karen, Lea, Jill, Farryn, Lisa, Maryanne, John, Grace, Pam, Ross, Ruby, and Sharon
- Meeting Hector, Andrew, and all the other great guys at Skeeter’s
- Discovering new music
New music I discovered in 2011
- The Damnwells
- Green Day
- Matt Nathanson
- Allen Stone
- Kris Orlowski
- Xavier Rudd
- Stick Figure
- The Strokes
- and more!
- In 2011
I was influenced by…
- All of the Weirdo Trainiacs
I can honestly say that I could not have made it through 2011 without the help of my friends, and in particular, my dear friend Kelly. Without the support and love I received from my weirdo friends, my life would be dramatically different. All I can say is thank you. I do not know what I did, but the Universe gave me the greatest gift I have ever gotten by bringing me together with all of the Trainiacs. My friends think that I am just another fan girl, over just another band; but Train is far from just another band. There is something magical, and undescribable about the love Train spreads. There is beauty surrounding everything that Train does. From the road crew, to the fans, to the band members themselves, everything is beautiful.
Train spreads friendship like wild fire, and I cannot even begin to tell you how grateful I am for that. I truly hope that 2012 holds a trip to San Francisco. I truly hope that I am able to meet even more of my wonderful friends. I am counting down the days until I can see my favorite band live again, but more importantly, I am counting down the days until I get to sing along to my favorite songs with my crazy friends!
I love each and every person who is reading this, and beyond.
My final message for 2011 is this…
No matter who you are, or where you are from, there is beauty around you. You have a meaning, and a purpose in your life. You are meant to be on this Earth, and you deserve happiness. Hard times will come, but they will also fade. Good times will come too, and those must be cherished. If you ever need anything at all, I am always here for you. I don’t care who you are, I am always here to help.
I LOVE YOU
I LOVE YOU
I LOVE YOU
I can only beg the Universe that 2012 is half of what 2011 was <3
Happy New Year, my friends! May 2012 be full of love, laughter, and beauty. I am wishing you all good health, and happy vibes.
Love from the bottom of my heart,